Friday, January 20, 2006

a brand new day, a brand new year

Can't believe it's 2006. What happened to 2005? As every says, "My, the year flew by!" I vaguely remember my last day of work on Dec. 23 and saying Merry Christmas to everyone. I had the last week off and was going to spend some R&R time in Calgary. Um, yes I went there cuz Dex was visiting his family. I was here with my dad for Christmas but then I went to Calgary Boxing Day. No, I didn't get to take advantage of the tax free shopping cuz of Air Canada.

WELL let me tell you a sad story about Air Canada and my last ride on them! I was taking it to Calgary and had a 9am flight. It says that you're supposed to be there 30 minutes ahead of time. I got there exactly 8:30am and tried to check in on the auto system. It wouldn't let me. I went to the lady and she said, it's after 8:30 so she wouldn't let me get on the flight. What the heck?! I said so will I be able to get on the next flight? Westjet tries hard to get u on the flight...i mean, i still have time right?? The lady said I could get on the next flight if I paid $150!!! That is ridiculous. You've already paid ~$300 to go on your current flight, why would I pay more? Stupid! What would I do with my return ticket if I didn't even go? They're just money stealers! So I went to the ticketing booth to see what I could do. At this point, I was almost near tears if not in tears already.

When she assessed my situation, the lady behind the ticketing booth said the same thing as the other lady. But she also said that I could take the 5:00 flight for only $30. Man, what is Air Canada? The only airline? If it were West Jet, I think it would be immediate, and free! I ended paying the $30 and telling my dad to pick me up. I went for breakfast and a little bit of shopping. What else can I do? I got dropped off at the airport and waited for about 5 hours for my flight. On top of that, I had to wait an extra 1/2 hour because the flight was delayed. That just sucks, doesn't it? I sat in the wait room for 4 hours, read cover to cover of People magazine Best of 2005. Bought a book and read half way, watched a kid play with his cookies, listened to a girl talking to a boxer type guy. I was really really bored as you could tell.

Calgary was okay. I finally caved in and bought my LV bag. The popincourt. It's nice but I havent' used it yet. I will break it in on Chinese New Year!

Anyway, I have just been busy with work! Not much. I have a new boss and he's from Toronto. I still can't read him that well yet over the phone. I can't tell if I can really joke with him or if I need to be super serious. I will never know until he comes out Valentine's Day. Yes, Valentine's day. What a bummer. I almost had an opportunity to go Montreal for a course too...I guess that's not happening!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home