Thursday, November 17, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

All in all it was an uneventful day like any other day! Except for cake, dinner, and 2 coincidences. On Sunday, I went to dinner with my parents at Fish House. Appies were yummy but didn't get any pics of the food!

Then we had cake on my actual bday - Senses Chocolate Passionfruit Mousse Cake. It was very very yummy.


What coincidences you say? Dex brought me to Octopus' Garden. It was an Izakaya/Sushi/Kaiseki place. When we went to the restaurant, we didn't have reservations and the only table they had left was the table in the middle shaped like a BOAT!

I felt like I was on a stage or pedestal with everyone watching. But it was really cool! We were the only ones who needed to take off our shoes. Here are some of our dishes. I had the Asari clams (no pics), Kobe Beef Sashimi:

O-Wasabi:

Yellow Submarine (the owner made the sushi, and walked it to our table while sinking the song "Yellow Submarine"! You'll notice that stick of green and red is actually a bean shaped into a telescope!

For dessert, since it was an octopus themed restaurant, we get....TADA!

The other coincidence you say? There was another party there with 2 bdays on the same day as me! They had a humongous cake for 6 people so they offered us dessert/cake! They then found out it was my bday too. Man my bday isn't very unique! You can see the rest of my pics here.

And in typical fashion, we were late for our show, and couldn't buy tix anymore in Granville Island. Instead we rented a movie (Ocean's Eleven, and bought Ocean's Twelve finally!) and I fell asleep within ten minutes -- as usual!! I guess I'm getting OLD.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~.:*em*:.~ said...

ooo.....senses cake!!! wish i was there!!! the table looks empty w/o meeee..kekeke....gee....nothing seems to have changed with the living room..the pillow still lying on the couch with the tv remote control on it..hahahaha.....=PPPPPP an you fell asleep???? that movie was sooo gooood!! i still have yet to watch ocean's 12 too..kakkaaa...sunny couw foo stole it from me...it's at his house now =(...and omg i misssss sushi!!! thinking back on all you can eat at e-bei before i left was sooooooo yumeeeeeeeee....sashimiiiiiiiiiiiii............=DDDDDDDDD

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home