Friday, September 30, 2005

I finished the Riddle!

I have officially finished that online riddle that was puzzling me for a while. Originally I got to level 60 and I was pretty happy already. I didn't bother giving my name into their Hall of Fame because it was cheesy and I found the ending quite anticlimatic. it wasn't even the hardest level! In any case, it was bugging me last night so I had to finish it. I got to the end (or the last level so far on the site). It took me about 4 hours to do, pouring over the forums and google! I'm not sure if I want to be on the level 101 Hall of Fame either...lame. But I get the satisfaction of finishing. I like that. It seems these days I can't finish anything, and doing something "small" like that was very satisfying. I can finally sleep tonight....I am so tired I almost fell asleep at work! So these 2 weeks will be busy with work and Vancouver International Film Festival! I'm watching one tonight and potentially 3 tomorrow! It's something about these quirky films that are just weird enough to get under your skin that some mainstream movies today don't address. I can't quite put my finger on it. Tonight I'll be watching "The Bridesmaid" which is a french film. Here's the excerpt below:

It is a match made in heaven: French master Claude Chabrol adapts English mystery writer Ruth Rendell's novel about a young femme fatale (the seductive Laura Smet) who demands the ultimate proof of love. Chabrol, now 74, shows that he is still one of the best genre directors in film history.

"Two things that are guaranteed to get the veteran director Claude Chabrol in the mood are a bourgeois family with festering secrets under their polished façade and an intense, unhinged woman, preferably with potentially murderous inclinations. And while The Bridesmaid, an elegant Ruth Rendell adaptation, comes up short on the former ­ this is not his normal glossily affluent milieu, and is perhaps a better film for it ­ in Laura Smet’s Senta, Chabrol has found his most chillingly persuasive psycho-siren since Isabelle Huppert’s hate-filled postmistress in La Cérémonie.

Senta crashes into the life of the straight-edged, serious Philippe (the excellent Benoît Magimel) at the wedding of his younger sister. She follows him home and peels off her satin frock, announcing: "You are my destiny and I’m yours. That’s it."... Alarm bells fail to ring for Philippe, who is transfixed by her morbid nature, savage passions and tendency to lie through her teeth ­ something
he charitably puts down to an imaginative nature. So when Senta suggests that they each do "something tremendous" to prove their love for each other he laughs off her suggestion that committing murder might be a suitable seal for their relationship... Macabre and claustrophobic, this deliciously dark tale of l’amour fou is highly recommended." ­ Wendy Ide, The Times
I will give my full review tomorrow...

Here a pic of me and pris:

2 Comments:

Blogger ~.:*em*:.~ said...

ooo...sexy gadz!...wakaka....i've watched lots of movies here too!! it's cheaper here cuz i have student card!!! wakaka..too bad they don't have that kinda discount in van....i get movies for cheap!!....me watching a movie tomolo with auntie jenny! =) me watching fireworks tonight! i think you can see them on tv in van..=)

11:25 PM  
Blogger ~.:*em*:.~ said...

haha..gadz..it's MELTED volcano...haha..NOT METAL volcano...wakakak...laugh die me la!!!!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home