Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My Big Apple!!


I haven't posted in a while and that's because I have been on a much needed R&R vacation. This is partially true as I did go on a vacation but it was for my cousin's wedding. I'll be posting pics on my site so check it out. I just realized that I didn't have any pictures of my pink dress at the wedding, that I was so desparately trying to match accessories to prior to the vacation. MAN!! In any case, I probably look more classic in the black dress I wore at night anyway. I felt like such a clepto because I borrowed many jackets and shawls from my aunt to compliment my look because I needed to keep WARM! I wore her raincoat for the ceremony, her long black matrix jacket for the dinner and her shawl on one of the random days. I believe Hurricane Wilma was heading to NY while I was there so I didn't even anticipate this rainy and windy weather. Thank you I am back. The weather here is much nicer, thank you very much.

I had a great time while I was there. More so than any other time in NY. It's probably because I could finally explore and get to know the city on my own. I even navigated with some help from the unfriendly train folks, but I made it through with limited difficulty. I was able to finally find Soho when it was too late and I was late to meet up with my cousin. I was like..."where was I all this time, going in the wrong direction!" What was wrong with me? Nothing because the subway map I had was not sufficient to bring to the right streets! Sheesh. In any case, I got to check out the latest H&M Stores, Macy's, Canal St., Soho and Lower East Side. I got to try some really good French (Bacchus) and Italian food (Lupa). I even got to see the BLUE DIAMOND from Tiffany's on 5th avenue. It is to die for, I wish I could go there everyday. I didn't bother asking for the price because it's probably way out of my price range. I mean look where it's situated. It's in the middle of the most expensive brands around: Rolex, Ermenegildo Zegna, Salvatore Ferragamo, Hugo Boss, Brooks Brothers, Cartier etc. I decided to go to H&M and Zara, the least expensive brands on the blocks.

I got to meet up with Steph, one of my best friends doing architecture in NY, and Derek, Dex's friend from Calgary.

To top off my stay, I had Lychee Martinis at Verlaine that I have not been able to find except here in NY. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home