Sunday, August 21, 2005

Mmm Chambar and Theatre

On my day off (yes I only get one a week now) Saturday, I went to Chambar with one of my best friends Julia and her fiance. I haven't been to Chambar since Dine Out Vancouver in February. in any case, I had the moules frites vin blanc and Dex had the duck breast. The waiter gave me the thumbs up because I apparently "instructed" Dex on what to order (I prefer to call it mere suggestion). I don't boss around! The food was yummy! We sat at the back in those red vinyl booths where the big window face the condo view of Tinseltown area. We skipped dessert because we were in a rush to the play. We did however take some pics outside for Julia and Calvin because I wanted to put them on the wedding website I'm making them. Watch for it!

We then went to see "Sex in Vancouver: Intimate Secrets" at the Roundhouse. It was put on by the
Vancouver Asian Comedy Theatre society and it was their third installment of this series. I couldn't wait to see it because it's a hilarious play about typical (okay maybe not so typical) asian young adults living in Vancouver. They explore and poke fun at asian stereotypes, myths and even dating rules! There are some subtle sexual connotations because they are based on the Sex in the City series! There were a couple of lesbian and gay asian characters there too. As for the asian idiosyncracies, what types of people would you know that wrap their living room furniture in clear plastic wrap permanently?! And use a piano chair as a coffee table?! And having parents forbid their kids from dating interracially. However, there were 3 caucasian guys in the play. In any case, the show's over and the next episode is playing in February. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home